Saturday, 22 April 2017

Some things are universal

Like stereotypes of lawyers. A couchsurfer, V., runs free city tours in Barcelona. This story is from her.

Late in the 19th century, the law society acquired a building and asked an architect to do some remodelling, including designing a letterbox. 

The symbols the architect included on the letterbox are:
- Seagulls, to represent the fact that law and justice can get everywhere
- Ivy, to represent the fact that you can be tripped up by the law, but lawyers will help you up
- A turtle, to represent the fact that law and justice is slow - and also that, when things get difficult, lawyers will hide inside their shells!

I told V. I was a lawyer. "I wondered why you were laughing so much," she said.

[published nine months late because blogger wouldn't play ball at the time and then I apparently forgot about it]

No comments: